Netgear has been one of the most popular router brands since more than a decade. There are a range of amazing products that this company offers at a decent price. Wifi has become an essential part of our lives these days and Netgear assures that you’re connected to high speed internet all the time.
With netgear routers, you can use internet to watch movies, play songs, play games or download and upload files over the web without any issues. Netgear settings, by default, are customized for optimum efficiency. However, there are a few settings that the users often feel the need to change. You can change your Netgear router settings by logging into the Netgear login IP. In this tutorial, we’ve explained how Netgear router login can be done but before that let us understand how to find your router’s default IP.
How to Find Netgear Router Login IP?
For windows users:-
- Go to the bottom left corner of your screen and click on “windows” icon or “start” depending upon the version of windows your system uses.
- Now, click on the “gear” icon or the settings icon located right above the shutdown icon.
- After clicking on settings icon, select “network and internet”.
- Click on “view your network properties” which can be found on the bottom of the page.
- In order to know the SSID of your router, look at the right of “WiFI” heading. For the default login IP, look for the heading “default gateway” and the IP address written on the right of the heading is your login IP.
For Mac users
- Go to the top left corner of your screen and click on the apple menu.
- Now click on “system preferences” and then select “network” tab.
- Click on “advanced” located on the bottom right corner.
- Now click on “TCP/IP” tab and you’ll be able to see your login IP to the right of the “router” heading.
How to Login into Netgear Router? – Method
People often find it difficult to login into their router’s settings. However, the login procedure is extremely simple to follow. All you’ll need is an internet connection and a correct combination of username and password. Upon a successful login into the router’s admin panel, you can change or alter various settings related to the router. These settings include changing the username or password and even the SSID of the router.
- Open any browser of your choice.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the address bar and hit enter.
- Now, you’ll be taken to the router’s login page where you’ll need to enter the username and password.
- Enter the correct username and password combination and hit enter. You will now be taken to the admin panel of your router where you can change its settings.
If you’re unsure of the password of your router admin panel, you can contact the customer support of your router brand and troubleshoot them the problem. For finding the login IP, we’ve explained a method above already. However, you can firstly try “admin” as the username and password both as this is the default username and password of most router brands.
Netgear router login method has been explained above. The method is very easy to follow and the users shouldn’t find any difficulty following it. If you still have any questions, shoot them below in the comments.