If you’re looking for 192.168.1.254 login or 192.168.1.254 username and password, you’re at the right place. Let us dive right into the post for a detailed tutorial on the same.
What is 192.168.1.254 IP Address?
An IP address is a numerical label that is assigned to every device that has been to the internet and communicated through internet protocol. However, all IP addresses are not public and some are reserved as private IP addresses. 192.168.1.254 is one such private IP address in the 6-bit block of IPv4 network space of private IPs.
This IP address might look a bit strange but is the default login IP for popular router brands. 192.168.1.254 can be used to login into the firmware settings of the router and later them. In order to login into this private IP address, you must need to know the correct username and password combination of your router model.
In this article we’ll show you how you can login into 192.168.1.254 admin and upon successful 192.168.1.254 login, how can the settings be changed. Before moving ahead to the login procedure, let us first make sure whether 192.168.1.254 is your default login IP or not.
How to check default router login IP
There’s a good probability that the login IP of your router might be 192.168.1.254. However, if it isn’t, you can check the login IP through this method:-
- Open CMD (command prompt)
- Now, type ipconfig and press enter.
- You’ll now be able to see your default IP address next to default gateway.
For MAC OS:-
- Go to system preferences which can be found in the apple menu at the top left of your desktop.
- Go to network tab > network connection.
- Now, click on advance > TCP/IP.
- You can now see your default IP address on the right side.
This method will help you find whether 192.168.1.254 is your router login IP or not. And if it isn’t, what then the IP is.
How to Login into 192.168.1.254?
By the above method, you might have found your login IP until now. The next thing you might want to do after finding the IP is to login into it. In order to login, you’ll need to follow these simple steps:-
- Open up your browser, type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar and hit enter.
- You will be taken to a login page where you’ll need to enter your login credentials.
- Enter your default username and password and hit enter.
Upon successful login, you’ll be taken to the admin panel where firmware related settings can be changed. In the next section, we’ll show you how you can change the password and SSID of your router.
192.168.1.254 – How to the WiFi name or SSID?
The default SSID or WiFi name wouldn’t cause any trouble but people often wish to change it to something cool and unique. You can change SSID or name of your router by following these simple steps:-
- Enter your login IP in the browser and login with your credentials.
- Now, go to the “network” tab.
- Click on “SSID” and select “change SSID”.
- Now, set the SSID to whatever you want.
192.168.1.254 – How to change the router password?
The default password for most routers is “admin”. This default password can be easily hackled by anyone and can cause your router some trouble. So, it is advisable to change your default password to something that is difficult to guess. In order to change your router password, follow these simple steps:-
- Go to 192.168.1.254 or your default login IP and login.
- Now, click on the “wireless” tab.
- In the wireless tab, select “wireless security” option.
- Now, you’ll be able to see a “wireless password” box where you’re required to enter your desired password.
The password can be a combination of numbers, letters and special characters. It is highly recommended to keep your password of length 8 or more characters.
This was our detailed and simple tutorial on 192.168.1.254 login or 192.168.1.254 username and password. Comment below if you’re still facing any issue.