If you’re looking for 192.168.1.1 login or 192.168.1.1 username and password, you’re at the right place. Let us dive right into the post for a detailed tutorial on the same.
What is 192.168.1.1 IP Address?
192.168.1.1 is one of the most common private IP address. 192.168.1.1 is the default IP address of most of the routers and modems manufactured by Linksys, Netgear, D-Link etc.
There are over 4 billion Internet protocol version 4 (IPv4) addresses in the world. However, the number of connected devices is 23 billion and this number is expected to double by 2023. In order to cope up with the limited number of IPv4 addresses, NAT or Network Address Translation is used. With the help of NAT, a single public IP address is used to remap a IP address space which consists of multiple private IP addresses.
192.168.1.1 is a private IP address which acts as the default login IP address for most of the routers and modems. Most of the popular router brands have 192.168.1. as their login IP. Upon successful login in this IP address, the user can alter various settings like SSID of the router, password/username of the router and even the network channel of the router is using.
There can be various reasons why a user might want to alter or change the router’s settings. However, in order to do so, the user must login into the 192.168.1.1 private IP address. Upon successful login, the user can change various firmware related settings as well as restore the settings to factory default.
192.168.1.1 login – How to Login?
To make any changes to the settings of your router, you must first login with your username and password. The default username and password for most routers is “admin”. However, for some it might differ. You can know the username and password of your router by contacting the customer support along with your router model number.
If your default login IP is 192.168.1.1, move on to the login procedure. However, if it isn’t, you can know your router’s default login IP by this:-
For MAC OS:-
- Go to system preferences which can be found in the apple menu at the top left of your desktop.
- Go to network tab > network connection.
- Now, click on advance > TCP/IP.
- You can now see your default IP address on the right side.
- Open CMD (command prompt)
- Now, type ipconfig and press enter.
- You’ll now be able to see your default IP address next to default gateway.
Once you’ve known the login IP of your router, here’s how you can login with your username and password:-
- Launch your favorite browser.
- In the address bar, type 192.168.1.1 and hit enter.
- Now the correct username password combination. If you don’t know your username and password, type “admin” in both the boxes. If “admin” doesn’t work, contacting the customer support is the only option you’re left with.
- After typing the correct combination, click on “login” or hot enter. You’ll now successfully be logged into the admin panel of your router.
192.168.1.1 – How to change your WiFi SSID?
WiFi SSID is the name of your WiFI that is displayed in the network tab and is visible to everyone including you. Each company has its own default SSID. However, most users want to change the SSID or the name of the WiFi to something cool and unique. You can change Wifi SSID or name by:-
IP address > Admin panel > Network tab > SSID > Change SSID
192.168.1.1 – How to change your router’s password?
In order to change your router’s password, follow these steps”:-
- Login with the correct credentials.
- Now, in the sidebar, click on “wireless”.
- Now select “wireless security”.
- You will now be able to see an option of “wireless password” through which the password of your router can be changed.
This is how you can change your router’s password. Make sure the password you set is strong and cannot be guessed easily.
This was our detailed and simple tutorial on 192.168.1.1 login or 192.168.1.1 username and password. Comment below if you’re still facing any issue.