If you’re looking for 10.0.0.0.1 login or 10.0.0.1 username and password, you’re at the right place. Let us dive right into the post for a detailed tutorial on the same.
What is 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.0.1 IP Address?
10.0.0.1 is a private IP address that is often misspelled as 10.0.0.0.1. This IP address is used to login into the firmware settings of popular router brands. If you’re wondering what a private IP address, we’re here to explain it to you.
As we all know that an IP address is associated with every connected device in the world. IP addresses are difficult to memorize so we use domain names in place of them. An IP address acts as the location of a device that has been connected to the internet using Internet Protocol. Now, there are only a limited number of IPv4 addresses in the world. Hence, NAT or network address translation is used to remap a public IP address to a private IP address.
10.0.0.1 is one such private IP address. If this is the login IP of your router, you can change your router’s settings by performing a successful 10.0.0.1 login. In this article we’ll show you how you can login into 10.0.0.1 and change various settings related to the router’s firmware.
How to find the login IP and login into it?
In order to change the router’s settings, the first step is to login into the default login IP and in order to do so you’ll first need to find what the login IP of your router is. For finding the login IP of your router, follow these simple steps:-
For MAC OS:-
- Go to system preferences which can be found in the apple menu at the top left of your desktop.
- Go to network tab > network connection.
- Now, click on advance > TCP/IP.
- You can now see your default IP address on the right side.
- Open CMD (command prompt)
- Now, type ipconfig and press enter.
- You’ll now be able to see your default IP address next to default gateway.
Once you’ve found your login IP, you can now login into it by entering the correct credentials of your router. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial to do so:-
- Open a browser and go to the address bar.
- Now, in the address bar, enter 10.0.0.1 or whatever your login IP is.
- Upon entering, you’ll be taken to the login page of your router. Here you’ll need to enter the correct username and password combination of your router.
- Once entered, click on “login” or hit “enter” and you’ll be taken to the admin panel where you can change various settings.
10.0.0.1 – How to change your WiFi SSID?
SSID stands for service set identifier and acts as your WiFi’s name in the network tab. Each company has its own default SSID. However, most users want to change the SSID or the name of the WiFi to something cool and unique. You can change Wifi SSID or name by:-
IP address > Admin panel > Network tab > SSID > Change SSID
10.0.0.1– How to change your router’s password?
In order to change your router’s password, follow these steps”:-
- Login with the correct credentials.
- Now, in the sidebar, click on “wireless”.
- Now select “wireless security”.
- You will now be able to see an option of “wireless password” through which the password of your router can be changed.
We advise you to set a strong password that is a combination of numbers, letters and special characters. A strong password will protect your router from being hacked and altered by the hackers.
Can’t connect to 10.0.0.1 – Solutions
Check whether you’ve entered correct IP
Make sure you’ve entered 10.0.0.1 and not 10.0.0.0.1. Most people tend to do this mistake and end up facing connection problems. Remember, an IP address cannot contain more than three dots and 4 set of numbers.
Use an Ethernet Cable
Most router brands require you to use a direct connection i.e. an Ethernet cable in order to login into the IP address. So make sure you’re using an Ethernet cable for internet connection.
This was our detailed and simple tutorial on 10.0.0.0.1 login or 10.0.0.1 username and password. Comment below if you’re still facing any issue.